Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Outlive Your Life

This past week has been quite busy! Exams, both work schedules, and now I'm trying to find the time to add in housecleaning! Insane.
But of course, I found time to read Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado.
It's definitely one of the few 'self help' Christian books I have read that keeps my attention! I felt like I could not get enought of it. Definitely a must read for anyone who is feeling down on themselves. It was almost like the book was written for me, at this exact point in my life. He encourages us to let God use us where he chooses, and not to get discouraged because we are 'blue collar' workers. God used what society considered 'low status' people to share the gospel so long ago, why wouldn't he look to use normal people today as well. He gives great ideas on how to incorporate how the disciples gave, taught, and treated others into our culture today. I especially loved the part on micro financing a small business in a developing nation and helping out not just one family, but the entire community! (I actually have been looking into doing the same thing.) What I got most out of this book was that the small things matter. What we do for other people that may seem meaningless and dull to us, could be a deal breaker for someone else.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone who is willing to get a wake up call!

No comments:

Post a Comment